We were almost done with our entire project, but the last step was making the video. We disagreed a lot on this part which made it hard for us to concentrate on what we were actually trying to accomplish. But in the end, we solved our problems and listened to each other's ideas and finished a video to turn in.
This week was the forum, we showed everyone our poster and talked about our project. Many people seemed to like our idea and thought that we did a great job with our project. For the forum, we needed an object that could be seen and people could understand our project. We brought in a service dog to model our vest that we made, and everyone seemed to love it.
This week our group got into some bad fights. Every day, a new argument occurred. "Change the project" or "Change the data!" This was usually the cause of our arguments. We even had an argument to change our whole project. We were almost done with our project but the project, video, and data still were not finished. We had one week left before our project was due and we kept loosing what we saved. It was a race against time and we were loosing by a long shot. In the end, we decided to just continue with our idea and we would try to finish in time before it was due.
Our group had come up with an idea for dogs with Glaucoma based on their mobility. But our problem was, how could we finish in time? Our idea was to make a harness that has many different pockets. The pockets are for little hand warmers that release a scent to help calm the dog down. (In Glaucoma, dogs have lots of stress.) And adding on to it, we were even going to add a hoop around the front of the vest that could stop the dog from bumping into walls. Our project was going really well, but then we realized that we hardly had any time left before our project was done. We really needed to hurry and finish our project (and make our poster) just in time for the forum where we talked about our project in front of an audience.
We had come up with many different ideas for what our solution would be based on. This is when our group got in a huge argument. After consulting with teachers, we had a big decision to make, and that was: which idea will it be? We had two different ideas that were both really good! But, we needed to decide. We all talked together to decide- and it all fell apart. We all favored different ideas and all wanted to do different things. But, after coming together again to compromise and find an idea, we came up with one great idea that we all love.
Over spring break, we found out that we were selected to be in a group together. The members: Peyton Branch, Kevin Crosson, and Jade Neuman were all had very different strengths and working styles, but we were excited to see what was in store. Our group’s topic was based on non infectious animal diseases. So, we decided to narrow down and do our project based on canine glaucoma. Originally, we had an issue trying to decide what the project disease was going to be. Kevin, wanted the project to be based on one disease, Crohns disease. While Jade and I wanted to do Glaucoma in dogs. After trying to convince Kevin to do glaucoma in dogs he very kindly said yes. Now we are all excited to begin our journey in canine glaucoma.